I suggest...

Default Yes or No for expense reimbursement

When submitting an Expense Sheet, is there a way to have the "Reimbursable" flag not default to "No" but require the user to select "Yes" or "No"? The problem is that it defaults to "No" and employees often miss changing it to "Yes", which is the normal setting, so they end up not getting paid. I would like for the user to have to enter "Yes" or "No", making a conscious decision.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MartinAdminMartin (Special Projects, Dovico Software) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sally GerhardtSally Gerhardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful as we encounter this issue all the time. YES is a much better default for our company than NO!

• MartinAdminMartin (Special Projects, Dovico Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately Floriano we don't have a way to force 100% reimbursable for the database.

In DOVICO Timesheet v11 and DOVICO Planning and Timesheet v3 we have now included some additional functionality: The Reimbursable field within the Expenses Sheet uses whatever the previous expense entry item had for that field as a default for the next item. Therefore making it easy for a individual to enter a list of non-reimbursable items or a list of reimbursable items.

However this being said, I have modified the status of this suggestion so that people can continue to comment and vote on this a bit more... :)

• FlorianoFloriano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to set the "reimbursable" field on "Yes" by default? Since our expenses are 100% of the time reimbursable, it would be easier for us to set "Yes" by default and then hide the field.

Feedback and Knowledge Base