I suggest...

Copying/Pasting from cell to cell

It would be fantastic if we could right click a cell and select a copy/cut option, then right click a different cell to paste. It would be useful for cloning repetitive tasks or cutting and pasting when entering time into wrong cells. The parameters entered (Start, End, Time Entry Description) would then move from the Cut cell to the Pasted cell.

Thank you for your consideration.

119 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Terry ChenTerry Chen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sarah MeldrumSarah Meldrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be helpful if there was a way to enter the task description for a time entry on a per week basis instead of per day.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a employee doing a travel report, they need to be able to copy lines and just be able to change the date. for instance if you have a 2 week trip with the exact perdiem everyday, right now you have to enter 14 rows, if you could copy you would only have to change the date for each. If this were like excel, you could highlight a cell and then carry a date down sequentially and this would take seconds. This is one of the reasons we are looking into a new time/expense system.

• Terry ChenTerry Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your responses, Martin and Bob. I'm currently not using a hosted installation.

By "cloning repetitive tasks" I mean duplicating periods of time for which descriptions and start/end times don't change across the week. For instance, if a software developer had a daily allotted time for bugfixes, he/she could copy the cell, and paste it across the week, eliminating a lot of repetitive entry. This particular application would fall under the umbrella of the copy/cut/paste implementation, and would not be a separate feature.

Cheers,
        Terry

• Bob GorhamAdminBob Gorham (Admin, Dovico Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Never heard your suggestion before but I really like it Terry and Jamie. We currently allow copying and pasting of the time in the cell of course but not the information associated to that time so good idea. Can you please clarify what you meant Terry regarding cloning repetitive tasks?

Feedback and Knowledge Base